Wednesday 23 February 2011

Christchurch

My thoughts are with everyone in Christchurch and the surrounding area at the moment. It doesn't seem fair as they are only just recovering from the last earthquake. It is heartlifting to read the stories of people reaching out to others either through rescue attempts or by sharing their homes.

My family have asked if it has changed my mind about wanting to go and the answer is no - there are risks to living anywhere. I lived in London when 7/7 happened and know that you just get on with life as best you can after such terrible events. I am not sure whether it has affected my other half's view as I think he is unsure about the move anyway. We are going to a emigration exhibition in London in a week or so and have decided that we would save the discussion and hopefully decision until after then. So it's fingers crossed for me

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. I've been inspired by the way people in Christchurch and across New Zealand have responded.

    Also as you say there are risks everywhere and when I look at the pros and cons the pros of moving still far outway the cons.

    Good luck with the exhibition and persuading your other half!

    ReplyDelete