Saturday 7 May 2011

Justification

Not for the first time, and definitely not for the last time, I was recently called upon to justify why we are considering emigrating to New Zealand. After listening to very sensible counter arguments – husband has a good career here, better prospects job wise/economically, I have respected qualifications and experience, we live in a good area, have a great support network from family etc - I found myself in a conversational dead end and just wanted to shout because ‘I want to!’.

Others seem to perceive that this decision of ours is driven by the need to escape something but that isn’t the case. I am not unhappy with my life here, I accept I have it fairly good and know we would be giving up a lot if we did make the move. But on balance I think it is worth taking a chance – we might be happier out there, we would have opportunities to do different things, live a slightly different life out there – and if it all did go pear shaped we could come back and at least we would have given it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. And if we didn’t take up this opportunity to at least apply I know I would always regret it wonder what might have been.

We haven't done a great deal recently to make it all happen - life has got in the way a little but hope to get the EOI sorted in the next few weeks and then we will have to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment